We assist in guiding our clients through Federal Trade Commission regulations and local state laws. With over 100 attorneys and 25 paralegals, our progressive approach and team enables us to work with all types of clients, and to deliver customized, cost-effective solutions. We are fluent in the most important business entities, from C and S corporations to partnerships and LLCs to investment and grantor trusts. Much of our work is international in nature, advising on cross-border acquisitions, sales, and investments. Detailed law firm profiles have information like the firm’s area of law, office location, office hours, and payment options. Attorney profiles include the biography, education and training, and client recommendations of an attorney to help you decide who to hire. Whether you are a business or individual taxpayer in need of tax-related legal help, a tax lawyer can help.
- These estate planning methods are frequently scrutinized by the IRS or the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, resulting in disputes over gifting allowances, value of assets, discounts of FLP or LLC shares, or the integrity of the corporate form as a shield from tax obligations.
- To receive updates on how COVID-19 is impacting businesses and professional organizations email us at .
- “Ryan” and “Firm” refer to the global organizational network and may refer to one or more of the member firms of Ryan International, each of which is a separate legal entity.
- The law office handles matters involving recapitalization, cross-border transactions, and tax-free mergers and acquisitions.
- At Pulgini & Norton, our real estate attorneys can offer advice to Boston property owners on abatements.
Kristina Rampl exclusively dedicates her practice to tax law and holds an LL.M. A partner in the firm’s Corporate Department, Matt provides tax expertise across all segments of Sherin and Lodgen’s practice, with a concentration on tax issues affecting business entities and their stakeholders, including owners and key employees. Matt also provides tax advice in connection with real estate investment and development; employee, shareholder, and partner dispute resolution; shareholder and employee agreements; and employee compensation structuring. Mr. McManus brings a winning track record in court handling some of the nation’s largest tax disputes.
Representation From A Tax
Brown also represents clients before the DOR whose driver’s licenses are about to be suspended due to unpaid taxes. Ms. Smith has represented clients in a variety of industries, including health care, energy, telecommunications, private investments, transportation and technology. Her experience encompasses a wide range of complex tax issues involving income, https://turbo-tax.org/ sales, self-employment, withholding and property taxes. In recognition of her work, she has been named to The Best Lawyers in Americaand Boston Magazine’s Top Lawyers 2022. A cornerstone of our practice is serving as tax co-counsel to corporate lawyers and non-U.S. Law firms who need top-tier U.S. tax support for their clients’ business transactions.
- He is a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in commercial real estate, tax, and trial work representing developers, real estate investment trusts , banks, landlords, and tenants.
- Kevin provides his clients with exceptional legal representation to address their tax issues as quickly and successfully.
- Nutter served as legal counsel to Ticket Evolution Inc. (“Ticket Evolution” or the “Company”), an end-to-end software provider for the event ticketing industry, in connection with its acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
- Law firms who need top-tier U.S. tax support for their clients’ business transactions.
- For many Massachusetts homes, assessed values used to calculate property taxes have lagged behind true market values.
- NECHE assumed the business functions of the Commission on Institutions of Higher Education, previously managed by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges.
- Serving clients in Greater Boston and throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire, we represent individuals and owners of closely held businesses in IRS audits and appeals, and U.S.
Thorn Law Group and its attorneys have the expertise and knowledge to help with your estate planning and wealth management issues. We can prepare clients for audits and effectively challenge the government’s basis for taxation. If we are not able to eliminate or reduce the disputed tax, our lawyers can also negotiate on your behalf for an offer in compromise, payment plan or abatement of penalties and interest. Serving clients in Greater Boston and throughout Massachusetts and New Hampshire, we represent individuals and owners of closely held businesses in IRS audits and appeals, and U.S. We invite you to arrange a free consultation to explore your options for a favorable resolution. Nutter served as legal counsel to Ticket Evolution Inc. (“Ticket Evolution” or the “Company”), an end-to-end software provider for the event ticketing industry, in connection with its acquisition by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P. (together with its affiliates, “Clearlake”) and Clearlake operating advisor Sam Soni.
Contact Managing Partner, Kevin E. Thorn
We ensure that all of the firm’s clients receive timely and creative advice and solutions that allow them to plan for and control the tax consequences of their business and investment transactions as we provide the special expertise required under Massachusetts law. He handles controversies involving federal income, employment and estate taxes, retirement plans, and state income, corporate, sales and use, and property taxes, as well as constitutional issues. The legal team at Thorn Law Group offers professional tax advice and legal representation to clients dealing with complex national and international tax law matters. Our tax litigation firm is well-recognized throughout the industry for our vast experience and ability to develop innovative approaches that quickly and effectively resolve serious tax law issues and disputes. Hemenway & Barnes provides services to individuals and families, both private and public and non-profit organizations. The firm has earned a long-standing reputation as trustees, advisors, and attorneys.
How do I reach an IRS tax advocate?
Call the Taxpayer Advocate's toll-free telephone number: 877-777-4778. Call the general IRS toll-free number (800-829-1040) and ask for Taxpayer Advocate assistance.
As a former IRS agent, he audited individual and business tax returns, developed cases for criminal referrals and prepared cases for tax court litigation. Following years, with the IRS, attorney Levins worked with a “Big 4” professional services firm as a tax partner. As a tax attorney, James M. Sears brings his knowledge and skills to all areas of his practice. Attorney Sears ensures all of his clients are informed and receive thorough expert legal services, which is why Attorney James M. Sears… General practice law office advising and representing consumers and businesses on general civil matters including consumer protection, family law, Social Security disability claims, tax audits and collections. Many of our clients come to us with serious tax matters before the IRS including payroll, trust fund recovery, and worker classifications type tax issues.
Years Experience Handling IRS Audit & Federal Tax Litigation For Clients
The consistent attention and practical advice he gives clients often serves to defuse tensions and avoid conflicts. When disputes do occur, Attorney Liu is an effective, persuasive litigator whose extensive subject matter proficiency gives clients and client teams a distinct advantage. Attorney Liu has particular experience in establishing legal structures and operational plans for…
As a result, we plan for the unexpected so that we can help protect your and your family’s assets. We work hard to make sure your children experience an optimal transition with as little stress as possible during challenging times. Our Boston tax attorneys represent individuals with Internal Revenue Service and state tax controversies including audits, collections, liens, seizures and offers in compromise.
WilmerHale has been at the forefront of complex financial restructuring and bankruptcy litigation and policy matters for decades. McLane Middleton offers a full range of expertise to assist our dental clients effectively navigate the complexities of the rapidly changing industry. We represent health care and education providers; religious organizations; social service agencies; tax-advantaged housing Boston Tax Dispute Attorney entities; recreational and cultural entities; foundations; and business associations. McLane Middleton has the depth and breadth of legal services and experience to help nonprofits in confronting a multitude of issues unique to their associations. McLane Middleton attorneys expertly guide clients through each stage of developing a business, ensuring that all of their needs are thoroughly met.
The firm’s principal lawyer, Corain McGinn, is also licensed to practice in New York. Sullivan’s Tax Group provides time-is-of-the-essence, state-of-the-art, partner-level advice on a wide range of complex tax issues. His law practice includes estate planning, estates and trusts, probate law, elder law, asset protection and tax law. In addition to his experience with tax planning, Matt also devotes a significant portion of his practice to federal, state, and international tax controversy resolution.
Brian McManus, Chair of Latham & Watkins’ Boston Tax Department, advises companies and high net-worth individuals in all phases of civil and criminal tax disputes. Attorney Hoyle provides personal service, a thorough review of each client’s circumstances, practical legal advice and knowledgeable representation. In today’s constantly changing world, individuals are forced to deal with complicated tax laws from different countries, facing additional challenges in terms of tax compliance. They see each issue as a seamless part of a client’s total needs, a view comprising the client’s financial, business, personal as well as legal interests. When I received a letter that our family-owned company in Boston had come under Audit by the IRS, I contacted Kevin E. Thorn, who is the Managing Partner of Thorn Law group, immediately for guidance. During our case, Mr. Thorn provided excellent guidance, and pointed out mistakes that the IRS made. When our case had concluded, Mr. Thorn had saved my family business tens of thousands of dollars of heavy IRS Audit penalties and fees.
- It also deals with wage income garnishments, innocent or injured spouse relief, payroll tax problems, and unfiled tax returns.
- We also work with companies that are acquiring, expanding, leasing, financing, or selling their business locations.
- Hemenway & Barnes provides services to individuals and families, both private and public and non-profit organizations.
- Our size and national reputation demonstrate our commitment to quality, an ability to design creative solutions to complex problems and the insight to understand and achieve our clients’ goals.
- This includes addressing federal and state tax issues and structuring transactions to minimize taxes and avoid inherent tax problems.
- Mr. Schnall is an Adjunct Professor in the Boston University Law School Graduate Tax Program and speaks frequently on topics about federal, state and international taxation.
Nutter served as legal counsel to Shepley Wood Products, the premier building supply company for Cape Cod, Nantucket, and Southeastern Massachusetts, in its acquisition by Kodiak Building Partners, a Denver-based building products distribution platform. Nutter served as legal counsel to Fowler High Precision, Inc., a specialty manufacturer and distributor of dimensional metrology tools, highly engineered systems, and calibration services, in connection with its recapitalization by Pfingsten Partners, LLC.